Gardener's World Front Entry

Gardener's World Front Entry

Monday, June 1, 2009

Add color to your landscape


: Mix a few annuals in with perennial plants to add color to your landscape. I added Hybrid vinca Cobra in mixed colors, Angelonia and perennial Gaillardia blanket flower 'Oranges and Lemons" and lisianthus that are very heat tolerant to the perennial hill in my back yard. I already had heat tolerant blue aster, verbena, salvia farnesiana, tall lisianthus and a brown Gaillardia that are perennial. I also am trying to see how long geraniums and lobelia will last in the summer. The area gets afternoon shade. This is a way to enjoy color year around at a budget price. I like to pick flowers and the lisianthus and gaillardias are great picked and last very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment